Western Switzerland, the French-speaking part of the country, is generally known for its fine wines. But with its company number of 579, it also contributes to the largest density of breweries in the world, with a total of 926 breweries throughout Switzerland.
A new brewing house was handed over to the master brewers of the Brasserie La Nébuleuse on 31 March 2018. Since then, they have again been successfully brewing their traditional brews and seasonal speciality beers.
Alone the capacity increase from the former 15 hectolitres to today’s 40 hectolitres is impressive. But thanks to the higher level of automation, the flexibility in producing the roughly 40 different types of beer has also increased. Another conspicuous improvement is the higher quality assurance in producing this range of brews.
The formula management system allows easy selection, creation, saving and modification of the beer formula varieties. Parameter adjustments allow direct intervention and fine-tuning of the production process with ongoing production in order to take account of specific situations. Such operations, too, are completely documented in the system to ensure optimal traceability.
Schmid Automation with its team provided the following services:
- Creation of the process description in collaboration with the plant builder
- Programming / visualisation of the entire software for brewing house control
- Design and implementation of the visualisation system
- Complete electrical engineering and construction of all the electric switchgear cabinets
- On-site installation management of electrical installations
- Commissioning within the specified time
- Production support, operator training, fine-tuning of operations